Tuesday 14 April 2009

Popscene!

Song: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
Game: Street Fighter IV
DVD: 24

Today, I opened up my web browser, went on the NME website and saw an article about the support acts for the Blur gigs in Hyde Park. I was quite excited and clicked on the article to find that Crystal Castles, The Foals and Friendly Fires were supporting, I jumped up with joy...but that was short lived as I discovered that they were supporting on the July 2nd gig, the extra date that was added. I thought to myself, that's a shame but I'm sure on my day, there will be people of equal quality, only to find that Vampire Weekend, Florence and the Machine, Amadou & Mariam and Deerhoof are supporing. WHAT THE FUDGE!, seriously, did they run out of money after signing the first few bands, Florence is like a crap Kate Nash, and shes crap! Vampire Weekend annoy the hell out of me and the other 2 bands I've never heard of. 

I'm going to think positive and hope the bands on my day prove me wrong, I can remember goint to see Muse at Wembley and had My Chemical Romance, Biffy Clyro and Shy Child supporting and I wasn't exactly thrilled with that, but they were pretty awesome on the day, really enjoyed some bands I wouldn't normally go see. So hopefully the Vampires and Florence can prove me wrong again and put on a good show.

Anywho, the support acts aren't that big of a deal really as I'm there for the Mighty Blur, been waiting for over 15 years for this. I think as soon as they walk on stage, I'm going to feel like a school girl watching Take That, or something on those lines. What I'm hoping for is when the sun is setting, they play For Tomorrow, that would make my year. Not long to wait now though, YAY!


Blur Reunited for NME shoot

5 comments:

  1. Deerhoof are fantastic from what I've heard, they've been going for years and years. Check out 'Flower', Magic Star' and 'Rabbit Dog Needs Food Right Away'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Deerhoof are awesome! But admittedly not as good as Foals or Crystal Castles. Foals are my favourite band of 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I'ved heard of Deerhoof, they sound average. Foals are awesome though, saw them in Bristol last year. Thats why me is annoyed, Friendly Fires and Crystal Castles are all really upbeat dancy bands, my day is the random, whos not doing anything and free to play that day, day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I just noticed the 'Florence is a crap Kate Nash' comment – no way! You can't even compare the two. Florence is awesssommmeee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could agree but if I had to choose one of them, I actually would rather go with Kate Nash. Shes hotter than Florence. Thats the deciding vote, haha.

    ReplyDelete