Monday 6 July 2009

Parklife

Song: Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor
Game: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
DVD: Total Recall

Finally, the wait is over. After they decided to take a break and do their own things. (Damon - Gorillaz, Mali Music, Monkey. Graham - Solo Albums. Dave - Politics. Alex, Writing and Cheese) I didnt think they would ever get back together, but it really really could happen, and it did. They finally decided to get back together for a string of big gigs. The first one announced was this gig in Hyde Park.

Throughout the week, I was dreading the weather forcast, as it stated it was going to rain on Friday. As the big day finally came, it was still unclear what would happen, but thank the lord, the rain stayed away and the sun was out in its full glory. It was such a lovely day, exactly what we all wanted. The gig was good. Not amazing. But good. I think I probably built it up too much, like I normally do and left a tad bit disappointed. Nothing Blur did wrong, but probably because I expected too much. The fact the crowd were a bit boring where we were stood didn't help either, and also there was no spectacular fire work display, but then again, most indie bands don't really do that do they...? Im not saying I didnt enjoy the gig, because I loved it, the songs brought back many memories of many moments in my life. The sing-a-longs were also pretty awesome, and it was genuinely good seeing the full band up there on stage looking happy and enjoying themselves again. They played a blinding set from the hits to the more obscure album tracks. They showed tonight that they are back, and better than ever!

Highlights
1. Tender, 2. The Universal, 3. For Tomorrow, 4. Parklife, 5. Song 2


Blur, Hyde Park

No comments:

Post a Comment